Dr. Axel Berger is a Senior Researcher at the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE). He is currently heading the G20 Policy Research Group at DIE and facilitates the Think20 process of think tanks from the G20 countries during Germany’s G20 presidency in 2016 and 2017.
- Facilitating sustainable investment to build back better
- Boosting G20 cooperation for WTO reform: Leveraging the full potential of plurilateral initiatives
- Trade and climate change: A key agenda for the G20
- Africa’s diversification and its trade policy transformation
- Improving key functions of the world trade organization: Fostering open plurilaterals, regime management, and decision-making
- The need for WTO reform: Where to start in governing world trade?
- Towards G20 Guiding Principles on Investment Facilitation for Sustainable Development
- Reinvigorating the WTO as a Negotiating Forum
T20 Co-Chair BriefMend It, Don’t End It: The case for upgrading the G20’s pledge on protectionism
T20 Co-Chair BriefMoving the G20’s investment agenda forward
T20 Co-Chair BriefKey policy options for the G20 in 2017 to support an open and inclusive trade and investment system
T20 Co-Chair BriefFostering the Sustainability of Global Value Chains (GVCs)