Homi Kharas is a Senior Fellow and Deputy Director in the Global Economy and Development program. In that capacity, he studies policies and trends influencing developing countries, including aid to poor countries, the emergence of the middle class, and global governance and the G-20.
He has served as the lead author and executive secretary of the secretariat supporting the High Level Panel, co-chaired by President Sirleaf, President Yudhoyono and Prime Minister Cameron, advising the U.N. Secretary General on the post-2015 development agenda (2012-2013). The report, “A New Global Partnership: Eradicate Poverty and Transform Economies through Sustainable Development” was presented on May 30, 2013.
His most recent co-authored/edited books are The Last Mile in Ending Extreme Poverty (Brookings Press, 2015), Getting to Scale: How to Bring Development Solutions to Millions of Poor People (Brookings Press, 2013); After the Spring: Economic Transitions in the Arab World (Oxford University Press, 2012); and Catalyzing Development: A New Vision for Aid (Brookings Press, 2011). He has published articles, book chapters and opinion pieces on global development policy, global trends, the global food crisis, international organizations, the G20, the DAC and private philanthropy.
- The sustainable development agenda: Leveraging the G20 to enhance accountability and financing
- The future of multilateralism: responsible globalization that empowers citizens and leaves no one behind
- The Future of Multilateralism: Towards A Responsible Globalization That Empowers Citizens And Leaves No One Behind
- The Sustainable Development Agenda: Leveraging the G20 to Enhance Accountability and Financing
- Sustainable Financing for Development
T20 Co-Chair BriefALIGNING FINANCIAL SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE AND INNOVATION WITH SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
T20 Co-Chair BriefAdvancing the G20’s Commitment to the 2030 Agenda
T20 Co-Chair BriefTargeting G20 Investments in Agriculture to End Rural Hunger
T20 Co-Chair BriefKey Policy Actions for Sustainable Land and Water Use to Serve People
- An Evidence-Based Approach to Ending Rural Hunger