Throughout her career spanning more than two decades as a senior official at the world’s premier development organization – the World Bank Group, Margo Thomas, Ph.D. has provided policy advice to over 50 national and sub-national governments.
As Founder and CEO of the Women’s Economic Imperative, Dr. Thomas serves as a catalyst for initiatives aimed at increasing opportunities for the economic empowerment of disadvantaged and under-represented groups globally. In April 2017, Dr. Thomas successfully completed her appointment as the Chief of Secretariat for the United Nations Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment. Under the Argentinian Presidency of the G20, Dr. Thomas was appointed Co-Chair of the 2018 Think 20 Task Force on Gender Economic Equity. She served as Co-Chair of the 2019 Think 20 Task Force on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development under the Japanese Presidency.
Concurrently Dr. Thomas is an Associate Fellow at Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs.
With a Doctoral Degree in Public Policy and Private Sector Development from the University of Manchester, Margo’s areas of focus include trade and competitiveness, business environment and regulatory reform, investment policy, and women’s economic empowerment.E-Mail: Margo.Thomas@weiforward.org
- Migrant Care And Domestic Workers During The Pandemic And Beyond: The G20’s Role In Tackling Inequalities And Guaranteeing Rights
- The economic empowerment of women entrepreneurs in a post-Covid World
- Promoting economic and social inclusion of migrant workers
- Transversal G20 response to Covid-19: Global governance for economic, social, health, and environmental resilience
- Reaffirming the significance of global public goods for health: Global solidarity in response to Covid-19 and future shocks
- Women in global care chains: The need to tackle intersecting inequalities in G20 countries
- COVID-19 Response Strategies, Addressing Digital Gender Divides
- Advancing Enterprise Education for Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) among MENA Countries
- Women’s Economic Empowerment: Strengthening Public and Private Sector Impact through Accountability and Measurement (SDG 5)
- A Gendered Perspective on Changing Demographics: Implications for Labour, Financial and Digital Equity
T20 Co-Chair BriefEconomic Empowerment of Rural Women
T20 Co-Chair BriefThe Imperative of Addressing Care Needs for G20 countries
T20 Co-Chair BriefGender Mainstreaming: A Strategic Approach