Data Protection Statement
- 1 Information on the collection of personal data
- In the following we provide information about the collection of personal
data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally
identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- The Global Solutions Initiative Foundation is responsible according to Art.
4 Sect. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- 2 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When using the website for information purposes only, we only collect the
personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view
our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary
for us to present our website to you.
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Browser software, including language and version
- Operating system and its interface
- We store this data in so-called server log files. We neither pass on this
data nor do we merge it with other data sources. We need this data in order
to be able to analyze errors or track illegal use. This interest justifies
the storage of the IP address that cannot easily be personalized by us for
- 3 Further processing of personal data and their deletion
- On the legal basis of Art. 3 Sect. 1 LDSG and Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit.
e GDPR we process generally accessible contact data, which we have included
in our mailing list after a targeted and conscientious search. We inform
these contacts exclusively about our work and events. A transfer of the data
to third parties or a use for commercial purposes does not take place.
- Processing and storage of this data will only take place for the period
required to achieve the purpose of storage and in accordance with the
General Data Protection Regulation and the federal state regulations. Upon
achievement of the purpose, the data will be deleted in accordance with the
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer
when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on
your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information
flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run
programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the
Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of
which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see a)
- Persistent cookies (see b).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called
session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to
the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you
return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period which
may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the
security settings of your browser.
- We request your consent to accept cookies when you visit the website (legal
basis is Art. 6 Sect. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR). If you agree, your consent
will be stored as a cookie (cookienote) in the browser program of your
device for one year.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for
example, refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies. Please
note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
- 5 Use of analysis services
- This website uses Google Analytics – Suite (Google Analytic and Google Tag
Manager) a web analytics service offered by Google Inc. and provided in the
EU by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on
your computer to help the website analyse how visitors use the site. The
information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including
your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the
United States . Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating
your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website
operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet
usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required
to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s
behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by
on your browser, however please note that if you do this you may not be able to
use the full functionality of this website. By using this website, you consent
to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes
set out above.
- You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and
IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under
- 6 Contacting us
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the
data you provide in the form will be stored by us in the mail program of the
responsible employee in order to be able to enter into dialogue with you. When
contacting us by e-mail, we assume your consent so that we can reply to you
(legal basis is Art. 6 Sect. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR). We delete the data arising in
this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing
if statutory retention obligations exist.
- 7 Social Networks
- Our website contains links that activate the functions of
individual social networks. If you click on one of these links, a direct
connection is established between your browser and the social network, even if
you do not leave our website. The social network server receives the information
that you have visited our website with your IP address.