Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI)
The Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI) is an independent think tank serving as a resource for government officials, business executives, journalists, civil servants, students and the all wishing to better understand international issues. Founded in Milan in 1934, ISPI approaches international affairs in a sound pragmatic manner, monitoring geopolitical areas as well as major global trends. Comprehensive interdisciplinary analysis is ensured by close collaboration with specialists, academic and non-academic, in political, economic, legal, historical and strategic studies and an ever-growing network of think tanks, research centers and universities in Europe and abroad.
The Institute’s activities branch out in four major directions:
- producing reports with original research and policy prescriptions on central international topics;
- providing up-to-date information and insights on world events and Italy/Europe’s perspectives through its website and online publications;
- convening meetings at its headquarters in Milan, as well as in Rome and other cities, where policymakers, business leaders, and high-level thinkers join ISPI’s experts to discuss major international issues;
- training the future generations of Italian diplomats and professionals of governmental and non-governmental international organizations.
The 2015 Global Go to Think Tank Index Report, edited by the Think Tanks & Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the University of Pennsylvania, reaffirmed the Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI) as one of the Top Think Tanks worldwide.
In the broadest and most prestigious category “Top Think Tanks Worldwide – US and non-US”, ISPI climbed 42 places, thus resulting the 1st Italian Think Tank. ISPI also ranks 1st, among Italian think tanks, in other 15 categories, including “Top Defense and National Security”, “Top International Economics” and “Best Policy Study/Report”.
In addition, ISPI:
- ranks 3rd worldwide in the category “Think Tanks to Watch”
- ranks 4th worldwide among “Think Tanks with Annual Operating Budgets of Less than $5 Million USD” and in the “Best Managed Think Tank” category
- ranks 7th worldwide in the “Best Think Tank Conference” and “Best Think Tank Network” categories
- ranks among the top 10 think tanks worldwide in 7 categories.
From 2013, ISPI represents Italy at the T20 Summits, the official gathering of the G20 countries’ most prominent think thanks.
Via Clerici, 5